Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Still

Dear Reade,

It's the middle of the night and I'm awake again. For a few weeks now I run out of energy and the ability to be awake by the children's bedtime and fall asleep in that process. And there's a great deal of delight in being snuggled up with one or the other or both of our kids.

The corollary to falling asleep at 7 p.m. is that by the wee hours of the morning I am awake.

By the time our children awaken at 5 a.m. I am sure I will be more than ready for sleep. :)

As I sit quietly in these morning hours I read and look and dream. Cooking and baking ideas. Crafting. Beautiful knitting projects. Emails from our family and friends. These still moments are so needful for me. I crave quiet and still and so I am grateful for this space.

Rest well my love,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment