Thursday, October 7, 2010

Strange morning

Dear Jenn,
I'm at school and should be studying but I couldn't seem to concentrate. I didn't know why at first. Maybe if I write a bit.

It's been a strange morning. Last night I read about a 22 month old being hit by a car in north Regina. It was kind of freaky because Gella's about the same age and she runs onto the road if she gets a chance. I quickly moved on to other news.

Then this morning you wake me to tell me that Noah was hit by a car and died this morning. I couldn't really take it in. I read about it last night and now it's someone I know. I remember Noah in the nursery at church. I remember his dedication. I wondered if we had any pictures of his dedication but I don't recall.

I suppose Noah's passing just attunes me to my own children's fragility. They're strong, healthy and clever but they're mortal. Somehow school pales in comparison to these things.

Love Reade
Sent from my BlackBerry® Tour wireless handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment