Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beard crumbs and bread bones

Dear Reade,

Just the other day I was sitting on our back step. Girlie was bustling about. Talking about wellow flowers. Which then had me thinking about The Boy and his version of yellow which was lellow.

Some endearing turns of phrase that I want to remember even as they grow and change:

Girlie
pox-a-puhl -- popsicle
carry me up -- pick me up and she hardly uses it anymore. :(
pease I have ... a freezie, my sooth-a, my toofbrush
I love that -- the food on her plate, the flower in her hand, going in to the library, her shoes, her baby doll, the hot wheel car in her hand
My Boy -- what she frequently calls her brother

"I running round the tree. Running makes me happy."

Reading the Psalms and arriving at Psalm 139:4 (Before a word is on my tongue you, LORD, know it completely. ) she shouts out, "I've got a word on my tongue."

And at night as we go through the liturgy of "Goodnight Boy-o. I love you." "Goodnight Girlie. I love you." she always is quick to say "Goodnight Girlie. I love you" to herself. I love it.

The Boy
beard crumbs -- small hairs left from your beard, wherever beard hairs might be left
bread bones -- bread crust
do you know something? -- quickly changing to "I know something" because that's what he really means anyway
Actually, especially and certainly -- He uses them all, in context, but often they seem confusing to people outside of our family because they don't expect these words coming out of a four year old's mouth.

I know there are many, many others, but those will do for today.

Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment