Thursday, June 3, 2010

Crazy Days

Dear Reade,

You've retired upstairs with The Boy for a few minutes. Girlie is playing with a cardboard box boat and a rubber boot. And I'm breathing deeply.

What a day!

I suspect that the kids were just as they have been for the last number of weeks. Busy. Active. Yell-y. Push-y. Needing proactive parenting moment after moment after moment. But today I was not as I have been for the last number of weeks. Today was an "off" day.

It makes me very mindful in these quiet moments of what I am being saved from. Or what I have been saved from. Three and a half or four months ago my internal space was like today's crazy space, every day, all day. I'm so grateful that I don't live with that level of anxiety, uncertainty, powerlessness and self-doubt day by day.

I am also grateful that you are home for a bit. :)

Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment