Monday, June 14, 2010

Looking for Joy


Dear Reade,

Yesterday, as the kids and I were at a birthday party, I was speaking with a friend who says that she has been scrap-booking recently as a means of finding joy in her life. Which has me thinking, what brings me joy? Today I have found joy in:

  • walking into our kitchen this morning to the sight of a cleared and cleaned countertop
  • quiet hours to read and reflect before the children emerge from slumber and the demands of the day begin
  • coffee drinking in the morning on our back step
  • the sight of wee little seedlings poking their tiny little heads out of the soil.
  • our girlie's adorable nose wrinkle
  • a phone conversation with a newish friend who regularly reminds me of my need for community
  • the click of our back gate and the sight of your face as your returned home from your day at work
  • the songs of birds as the evening progresses
  • the heart-stopping last minutes of a football match I wanted "my" team to win. Despite their loss, the hopefulness being drawn out to the last seconds was superb
  • the tap-tap-tap of keystrokes as you work and I play
Darling, darling...you are finishing the last of your class requirements for spring term and I know it's heaps and heaps of work these days. You are dear to me and bring me great joy.

Love to you,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment