Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Studying for mid-terms

Dear Jenn,
So here I am @ the Lazy Owl studying. I'm very tense, as you know. You're very understanding considering how unpleasant I am when I'm stressed. Of course, expecting the little ones to be understanding or to understand is ridiculous. I just hope they find a good counselor when they grow up.
Sometimes I despair of the kind of father I am. It's not that I don't love my kids desperately but that I'm pretty self absorbed. Ni is a great kid that obviously idolizes me but he makes me so angry sometimes. I don't want to squelch his enthusiasms aside from those that involve giving his sister beatings. However, I don't understand what he's on about so often. I'm afraid he's inherited my inability to make myself clear.
Sometimes I fear I have all of my dad's worst foibles and none of his great qualities. I look more and more like him every day so maybe I come by it honestly.
Well I should get back to studying.
Love Read
Sent from my BlackBerry® Tour wireless handheld

No comments:

Post a Comment