Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another one please?


Dear Reade,

Our little ones are asleep and with a few moments to ponder before I get on to the tasks of the evening, I'm thinking about bedtime with our boy tonight. We perused his chosen and carefully stacked books. I turned off the light and as I'm sure you hear most nights, he asked me for a story. So I told him the story of a boy whose Mama loved him and whose Daddy loved him and whose sister loved him. A boy who loved to jump to the top of things ("But I can only jump down from the top of things.") and climb and run and read and cook and imagine stories. A boy who played with stones and drew and ate and played with friends and cousins and liked to think about all his favorite things from the day as he got ready to sleep. And then the boy would take a deep breath and close his eyes and go to sleep.

And then our boy said, "Can you tell me another story, Mama?"

So much for my subtle suggestion.

Love to you,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment