Thursday, May 27, 2010

Quietness


Dear Reade,

You and the kids are sleeping. Much needed rest at the end of busy days of school and work for you. Much needed rest for our children after a full day of playing with friends, exploring a rainy world and learning as they do through play and activity.

It's been a full day for me too and I'm grateful for these quiet moments to read, write, think (and fold laundry without the "assistance" of four extra hands). I'm learning to ask for what I need in these days. I am learning to know what I need. And quiet time is a big piece of what I need, both for its own sake and also so that I can know where I am actually at. Without contemplative time, I feel like I am flying by the seat of my pants. So these quiet evenings do my body and soul good.

Loving you,

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment