Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home

Dear Reade,

It's been a wonderful week, full of backyard play and trips to the park. It has been, simultaneously, slow and jam-packed. How does time go like that?

Our guests this past week helped me to clarify something. I want our home to be a place of hospitality. A place where we can be ourselves and our guests can be themselves too. I don't want to "entertain."

A few years back when I was spending time at one of the retreat centres in town I remember reading an article they had laminated. It was about hospitality as creating a space for change in ourselves and in others. About inviting people into our lives and our homes and in that being together finding something was different. About being honest with ourselves, decluttered in and of ourselves, and able to be authentic.

I want to find that article and reread it. I want our home to be that sort of space. For us. For our children. For our friends. For our guests.

I love you.

Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment