Saturday, May 29, 2010

But I just...

Dear Reade,

It's a quiet afternoon. You and The Boy are off at a birthday party. Girlie and I are at home. She's napping. I've done the advance prep for supper and now I am sitting quietly. Whatever needs to come next will happen shortly, but I'm contemplating the last few days with our boy.

So, so often these days conversations with him end up being punctuated with "But I just..." (...had to kick her in the face. ...didn't mean to make her bleed. ...need to tell you about this. ...couldn't do what you asked. ...can't listen because I need to say...). And I wonder what it's all about.

I know I could do a better job of listening to Boy-o. If he felt heard, understood, listened to I'm sure that would make something of a difference.

I also wonder what it is that God might be asking me and you and us as a family to do to which we are saying, "But I just..."?

Any ideas?

Love, Jenn

1 comment:

  1. I don't know either but maybe he just feels like he has no power and so the stalling tactics are a way to regain it or something?

    ReplyDelete