Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thank you


Dear Reade,

There are so many things that empower me to be a good mom. But today I am especially mindful of and grateful for the ways that you spend time parenting our children. Being the nighttime parenting expert on our boy. Getting both kids dressed and ready for the day. The daily, careful rhythm of goodbyes as you leave (home or the car) for work. Allowing and even encouraging "distracting" phone calls from the kids. Taking the kids on a wander so I can have time I need to do what I need to do. Expansive and loving greetings as you re-enter our family space. Carrying our girl around as she goes through her withdrawal from missing you. Story book narrated private times. Correction, encouragement and conversation with our two little ones.

And that was just today.

You are a great daddy. I am pleased to parent by your side, grateful that our kids have you as a father.

Love, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment